Before & After – Ben's Bedside Table

Before – cherry coloured faux bamboo cabinet from a local consignment store. I love me some faux bamboo, but this incarnation was not so hot in my book, so a little TLC was in order.

Black-brown paint (leftover from my mother-in-laws recent patio furniture painting project), a little distressing here and there, et voila, the perfect bedside  table for my little man’s room!

PS I’m taking part in “Metamorphisis Monday” at Between Naps on the Porch Blog. Head on over there starting tomorrow to see some other great Before and Afters!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

15 Responses to “Before & After – Ben's Bedside Table”

1. Ooh, Karla I love this little bamboo table! So chic. I love the dark color you chose, it looks so classic. And the lovely framed art on the table is so perfect for a litte boy :)
    Nancy

2. Karla this is fantastic! What a thrift-store find, too!!! Did you ever see the faux bamboo chest of drawers that Sarah Richardson found for the guest room of her 2nd season Sarah’s House? She saw past the horrible yellow paint on hers – and you’ve seen the beauty in your little end table, too. Excellent! You know… this is the kind of piece that your little guy can keep in his room for years to come!
    Victoria

3. This looks great. I haven’t seen distressing on many of these pieces but I really like it.

I just bought several faux bamboo pieces off of Craigslist and am trying which route to go with the painting. Thanks for the idea!

4. Lori E says:

I always like to find another “Vancouverite” in the blog world. As soon as I saw the word Kerrisdale I figured you were a local.
    This is a great metamorphosis. I never find any of the good stuff in these stores. I guess you beat me to them.
    Greetings from Pitt Meadows.

5. Ahh, much better! I like a little faux bamboo too. You did a great job on Ben’s bedside table, Karla.

6. Alyssa says:

I love the way this looks!
    Great job.

alyssa
    lifeoflyssie.com

7. Allison says:

Love it! The black is so much better – more classic. Dropping by from BNOTP, #7. Allison

8. Hope it’s okay if I use your picture on my post in the morning! Love what you did.

9. CJ/Rick says:

That looks great! Good pictures too. One day your little man will be stripping this piece back to the cherry wood finish. He’ll be telling people that it was a trend of painting fine wood furniture that my mom was into back in the early part of the century.

10. Samantha says:

You never cease to amaze! Gorgeous!

11. Great piece! It’s amazing what a little paint can do to freshen up a piece.

12. What a great look! The thought to distress this piece was genius. Beautiful job!

13. Megan Costa says:

I am so excited that your blogging again! I love love love your style!

I am moving soon and need to figure out how to decorate my sons room – I love the calander pictures you framed for your little boy. Where did you find that calander – I cant seem to hunt one down.

Thank you!!

14. Muriel says:

Thanks for finally talking about >Before & After –
    Ben’s Bedside Table | KERRISDALE DESIGN INC. | your life. STYLED <Liked it!